This year, 14 projects were submitted to the Jakob Prize call for entries with the theme "Innovative Cycling Experiences". In their selection, the international jury (Prof. dr. Janez Bogataj, President - Slovenia, Marko Lenarčič - Slovenia, Lojze Wieser - Austria, and Jožko Sirk - Italy) prioritised innovation, and also assessed the natural, cultural and social environment that cyclists can experience on their routes.
The projects in the outdoor sector of active, green tourism offer cycling as an opportunity for tourism development in the Alps-Adriatic region. On the one hand, they are designed responsibly and in symbiosis with the natural environment, and on the other hand, they contain or complement other destination offers. For the participants, they are definitely an experience of new, innovative content.
The jury has therefore shortlisted five projects for the 2022 Jakob Prize:
- Juliana Bike - Circular long-distance touring cycling route │Julian Alps Community (Turizem Bohinj) and the Slovenian Mountaineering Association
- ArheKoloVrhnika and KoloVagaBevke: family cycling adventures in Vrhnika │Škrateljc, Institute for Culture, Education and Sport
- Who makes your breakfast? Cycle to the source! │ Charming Slovenia, Herbal Glamping resort Ljubno
- Koroš ecohotel and mountain bike park on farms │ Koroš ecohotel (Kreatur d.o.o.)
- Cycling for the physically handicapped │ ARS VIVA, Institute for Cultural Integration and Socialisation of Social Groups
The Jakob 2022 Award and the title of Ambassador of Cycling Experiences were awarded to ARS VIVA, the Institute for Cultural Integration and Socialisation of Social Groups, for the project "Cycling for the Physically Handicapped". The Jakob 2022 Award and the recognitions for final selection were presented at the Alpe Adrina 2022 fair at the Ljubljana Exhibition Centre.