The village Šmartno derives its name from the Church of Saint Martin, the largest church in Brda, with a bell tower which was once a fortification tower. A bell made in 1857 with a motif of the three holy kings is installed in the tower.
The Baroque church has three magnificent marble altars, the main altar being especially rich. Presbytery and Stations of the Cross were painted by the painter Tone Kralj.
The white marble pulpit on the right side of the nave is also a beautiful work.