The church has a Gothic sanctuary, which replaced the Romanesque sanctuary in the mid-15th century. Adjacent to it is a Romanesque bell tower, which some have dated to 1360; in any case, it clearly was built in the 14th century. It houses a bell from the year 1521, on which is written in Gothic minuscule: + iesus + maria + anno + XXI + lucas + marcus + ioannes + matheus. In the belfry there is also a steel bell which was poured in a foundry in Jesenice and blessed on February 22, 1922. It pitch is a C and it weighs 242 kg. As of October 1, 2000, it is flanked by two bronze bells (weighing 198 kg and 136 kg), which were poured by the bell specialists Perner in Passau, Germany. They were consecrated by the Archbishop of Belgrade Msgr. Stanislav Hočevar.
Between 1972 and 1976 archeological digs were carried out under the church's foundation. Upon uncovering the late medieval stone floor, the archeologists discovered in the sanctuary the foundation of a semicircular Romanesque apse.