Medium difficulty level tour. One of the most spectacular viewpoints of Bohinj.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PRŠIVEC
- The slopes on the southern side of the mountain hide an entrance into the cave Govic, where a waterfall Govic appears whenever there's heavy rainfall.
- Marjan Lipovšek, a Slovenian pianist, composer and alpinist, described the peak as »the Balcony of Bohinj«
- Ski touring is possible (although only recommended for those that know the area well or are accompanied by a guide): touring skis or snowshoes
- Altitude at the top: 1,761 m
- The difference in altitude from the valley to the top is almost 1200 meters
- It takes approx. 4 hours to reach the top and 3 hours to descend
- There’s a visitors’ box at the top
- The trails to Pršivec are marked and of medium-difficulty level
When taking the trail leading through Komarča, we recommend using a helmet as well as an ice-pick and crampons in the winter time
You can reach Bohinj by bus or train. Access from the Primorska region is also possible by car-train. More information is available on our website promet.bohinj.si
There are several marked trails starting at different points going up to Pršivec:
- From Stara Fužina over to Vogar (continuing via Vodični vrh or via Planina pri Jezeru)
- From Stara Fužina and Vogar following the high edge over the Hebat mountain pasture
- From Ukanc via Koča pri Savici and Komarča
Possibility of parking in payable parking lot Blato and Voranjčkovca (hike from Stara Fužina - Blato mountain pasture - Hut on the mountain pasture by the lake - Pršivec).
Second option: Payable parking at waterfall Savica (hike from Waterfall Savica - Komna - Black lake - Pršivec).
33T 409209 5127757
Arrival by train, car, foot or bike