Panoramic cable car ride and spectacular vistas.
Take the cable car up to Mount Vogel at 1,535 m and enjoy spectacular views of the mountains, that are also available to those who, due to different reasons, are unable to climb the mountains themselves. Ideal starting point for short or long hiking tours (more than 1000 meters above Lake Bohinj, guide can be hired). Diverse culinary offer and accommodation.
- Vogel Information Trail
- Panoramic ride with four-seat lift "Orlove glave"
- Hike to Zadnji Vogel pasture
- Archaeological sites and Iron Trail on Mt Vogel
- Visit of anthills
- The Lopata primeval forest
- Vogel Mountain Cycling Park
- Hiking trails and trailheads
- Diverse world of animals and plants
Good to know
- All details and additional information can be found on Vogel Bohinj website
- The visit to Mt Vogel is also available in combination with other attractions: Bohinj Package
- For the best hiking experience, we recommend you to hire a guide
- Access to the upper station of Vogel cable care is also designated for the disabled
VOGEL DURING THE GREEN SEASON
If you love hiking, Vogel is an excellent starting point for shorter and longer hiking tours. You can also take a walk along the new Vogel Trail, where you will discover a lot of interesting information about Vogel's history and nature. You can even explore the Lopata virgin forest or take the quad chairlift to Orlove Glave , where you can ring a wishing bell. Whatever you decide to do, you will enjoy spectacular views of the Julian Alps and Bohinj every step of your way.
See (and taste) for yourself the benefits of traditional cheese making in the Zadnji Vogel mountain pasture, and enjoy in the company of playful goats, curious sheep and happy cows. And do not forget to try the delicious food and drink. If the night falls too quickly, Vogel also provides for comfortable accommodation.
VOGEL DURING THE WINTER SEASON
In winter, Vogel transforms into a well known mountain ski center with natural snow and fantastic views. It offers a wide range of activities for every kind of taste (skiing, snowboarding, ski touring, free skiing, cross-country skiing, sledging, airboarding, winter tandem paragliding) and different levels of ability. Children can have fun at the children's park free of charge, and those who like acrobatic tricks can try out the Vogel snow park.
Ski equipment is available for rent or sale, and there is also a workshop that can prepare your skis for a safe ride. With the help of experienced ski instructors, you can gain or refresh your knowledge and learn new tricks for skiing up and down the white slopes.
SKI CENTER INFO
- Altitude: 569 - 1800 m
- Access: with the cable car or by foot
- Lifts: 8 lifts, 18 km of ski slopes, 7.5 km of cross-country ski trails
- Snow: only natural
- Levels of difficulty: for beginners and experienced skiers
- Children's park and snow park
- Ski equipment rental, ski services and ski school
- Interesting events all year round