Safety informationThe Bohinj Cycling Route is used for farming purposes; therefore, you can also meet cars, motorcyclists and agricultural machinery along the way. Please, be more attentive in villages and consider traffic signalisation.
Tips and hints
Turizem Bohinj, Stara Fužina, tel.: +386 4 57 47 590
TIC Bohinj, Ribčev Laz, tel.: +386 4 574 60 10
TIC Bohinj, Bohinjska Bistrica, tel.: +386 4 574 76 00
TIC Bohinj, Stara Fužina, tel.: +386 4 572 33 26
TNP Bohinj Centre, Stara Fužina, tel.: +386 1 200 97 60
Julian Alps Card: Bohinj offers free transport and other benefits.
In Stara Fužina, visit the Alpine Dairy Farming Museum and theTriglav National Park Centre. The Alpine Dairy Farming Museum is located in an abandoned village cheese dairy. It is also the place of the first cheese dairy with two large built cheese-making kettles and a press to form cheese loaves. You can also visit a wooden alpine herdsman's cottage which originates from the Zajamniki pasture. The TNP Bohinj Centre displays the magnificent "Lake" exhibition and also sells products with the Bohinjsko/From Bohinj certificate.
Visit the Oplen House Museum in Studor and the famous hayracks, or the Tomaž Godec Museum in Bohinjska Bistrica.
Two bicycle repair stands are located along the route (near Savica and Studor).
Alpinsport, Ribčev Laz
Hike&Bike, Bohinjska Bistrica
Danica Campsite, Bohinjska Bistrica
PAC Sports, Hostel pod Voglom, Zlatorog Campsite and Pr'Budkovič Hostel
Pošta pr'jezeru post office, Ribčev Laz
Sport4fun, Bohinjska Bistrica
TIC Bohinj, Bohinjska Bistrica
TIC Bohinj, Ribčev Laz
TIC Bohinj, Stara Fužina
Vila Triglav, Pokljuka
Getting thereDrive by car to Bohinjska Bistrica from Bled, through Soteska or over Pokljuka. You can also access the village across Jelovica and Soriška planina.
ParkingThe Bohinjska Bistrica 13 car park (Danica) is available at the starting point (coordinates: 46.273746, 13.948832).
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThe major part of the route is suitable for all types of bicycles. The section between Češnjica (Upper Bohinj Valley) and Brod (Lower Bohinj Valley) is macadamised. For this section, the use of a mountain bike is recommended.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.