We will ride pass the water reservoir/ lake where we will have a nice view on the valley and the Julian Alps.
On the way we wil also see the bigest slovenian waterfall Boka. You can see it from the mail road or you can make a 10min hike in the forest till a view point.
Nearby we will get another spectacular view on the valley, just before cross the Soča river. From the parking place you can spot in the background the highest slovenian mountain Triglav (2.864m). And riding along the Soča river, you will probably see some kayakers playing in the waves.
A special experience is the crossing of the Soča and Koritnica rivers along wooden hanging-bridges.
Safety informationBe carefull at the steep descet from the lake to the golf course - we suggest inexperienced bikers to walk.
Cross the wodden hanging-bridges on foot.
Between the two hanging bridges over Soča and Koritnica rivers the trail is exposed due to a smaller landslide.
Tips and hintsWe can shorten the tour by goind from the Čezsoča village diectly to Bovec, but we skip the experience of crossing the wooden hanging-bridges.
Getting thereWe can reach Bovec from Austria and Italy across Predel pass (1.056 m), from Gorenjska region via Vršič pass (1.611 m), from the south from Tolmin, Kobarid.
ParkingFree parkingplace at the Bovec cultural house near the centre.
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.