A wonderful cycling tour, suitable for families. Visit picturesque alpine villages and enjoy in magnificent views of the Karavanke mountain range, the Kamniško-Savinjske Alpe mountain range and the Julian Alps.
Distance 12.7 km
This family cycling tour is perfect for exploring alpine landscape, architecture and life in the countryside. The route is mostly flat and perfect to spend an active day exploring and enjoying unspoiled nature. The route runs past Lake Bled, where you can enjoy in the view of Bled Island, Castle and the Karavanke mountain range from the shore. Stop for a moment and listen to the wishing bell resounding on lake surface. And when you end the tour, you can stop in one of Bled's cafés and taste the delicious and world renowned Bled cream cake.
Although the tour is relatively short, it offers many possibilities to explore the life of local people and admire the landscape, therefore, we recommend you to take some time and enjoy in your cycling tour.
Rest StopInfocenter Triglavska roža Bled
Restaurant Vila Bled
- The tour is suitable for mountain, trekking and road bicycles.
- Consider traffic signalisation
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si
Getting thereYou can get to the starting point in Bled by car from Lesce (Ljubljana-Karavanke motorway exit) or from other regional roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
ParkingThere are several public pay carparks in Bled: http://www.bled.si/si/kako-do-nas/Parkirisca .
33T 432201 5135408
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentBike and helmet
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view