The southern access trail to Juliana Bike from the Goriška Brda hills opens anew view to the connection of the Mediterranean with the alpine world. The historical connection of Slovenians across the high passes and mountains enabled the transfer of cultural, culinary and linguistic features along traderoutes; therefore, the contribution of the “southern door” with the Brda regionis exceptional and still has a great impact on the entire area below Mt. Triglav. The trail takes you from Šmartno, one of the most beautiful villages in Slovenia, across Vrhovlje to the panoramic Korada, where you will soon leave the vineyards behind. The pre-alpine world will open up in Kambreško, Srednje, Volče ... You will thus finish the loop between the pre-alpine worldand the Julian Alps by joining Juliana Bike in Tolmin.
Distance 48 km
The trail is marked with blue signposts and markers indicating a mountain biking loop.
Update: December 14, 2021
33T 388177 5095644
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view