Steep uphill ride to Prehod Pass, walk to Porezen and downhill to Podbrdo
Distance 18.5 km
From Zakojca ride to the Vrh Ravni Saddle and past the sunny Otavnik pasture to the Prehod Pass. Walk to the panoramic Porezen. Continue a long, initially steep descent to Podbrdo in Baška grapa.
The trail is marked with blue signposts and markers indicating a mountain biking loop. We recommend using the Triglav National Park and Bohinj Maps, issued by Planinska Zveza Slovenije (Alpine Association of Slovenia).
Update: September 14, 2021
Safety informationThe route is steep in some places, so be careful when descending.
Tips and hints
- Tourist Information Centres
- Recommended accommodation
- Lock your bikes at the Prehod Pass and hike to Porezen.
- There is a railway station in Podbrdo, which connects Podbrdo with Bohinjska Bistrica and Most na Soči.
33T 417227 5113016
EquipmentMountain bike, gloves and helmet, first aid kit, clothes for windy and cold weather.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view