From Baška grapa to Sorica Village and over Soriška planina to the Bohinj Valley
Distance 29 km
Ride from the narrow Baška grapa to the vast sunny hills of Sorica, up to Soriška planina and through the green forests and across pastures to the Bohinj Valley.
The trail is marked with blue signposts and markers indicating a mountain biking loop. We recommend using the Bohinj Map, issued by Planinska Zveza Slovenije (Alpine Association of Slovenia).
Update: July 22, 2021
Safety informationThere is heavy traffic on the Petrovo Brdo–Soriška planina–Bohinjska Bistrica road in summer, so caution is needed.
Tips and hints
- Tourist Information Centres
- Recommended accommodation
- There is a railway station in Bohinjska Bistrica, which connects Bohinjska Bistrica with Podbrdo and Most na Soči.
33T 420394 5118066
EquipmentMountain bike, gloves and helmet, first aid kit, clothes for windy and cold weather.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view