The charming landscape in the embrace of the sun, covered with vineyards, orchards and olive groves. Brda’s many villages are a cycling paradise for all enthusiasts who love to discover the beautiful landscape in a peaceful environment. To overcome many hills without major efforts we offer the possibility to cycle around Brda with electrical bikes.
The Peach Route is pleasant cycling trip running through the central part of Brda with a few climbs and descents.
The route passes through Dobrovo, Medana, Ceglo, Vipolže, Kozana, Šmartno, Gonjače and Vedrijan, all of which have something to offer - from scenic views of the rolling Brda hills to several tourist attractions.
The Dobrovo Castle with its museum and gallery is interesting from the historic, cultural and artistic point of view. You can stop by the Renaissance villa Vila Vipolže. The fortified village of Šmartno is the perfect spot for a break. Not far away, there is a lookout tower in Gonjače, offering stunning panoramic views.
Safety informationSome of the roads can be busy with traffic, so be careful.
Tips and hints
On this route, eight drinking fountains can be found:
- two in Dobrovo (one at the playground by the Dobrovo castle and one at the parking lot opposite the Klet Brda wine cellar),
- one in Medana (in front of the church)
- two in Vipolže (one at Vila Vipolže and one at the basketball court in the centre of the village)
- one in Kozana (by the information panel in the centre of the village)
- one in Šmartno (at the parking lot)
- one in Gonjače (by the view tower)
A trip through Brda is not complete without trying some of our delicious seasonal dishes and excellent products. Seize the opportunity and try some of our local wines, olive oil, honey and spirits!
Selected winemakers, olive oil, honey and spirits producers offer tastings of their products without prior arrangement, some of them also guided cellar tours. The producers will be more than happy to share with you interesting facts about the production and our territory.
The list of selected producers and restaurants is updated every two months and can be found here (October and November).
Author’s map recommendations
Recommended maps for this region:
- suitable for road bike (100% asphalt)
- sufficient water and food or snacks
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints