Cycling trips around Brda
The charming landscape in the embrace of the sun, covered with amazing vineyards, orchards and olive groves. Brda’s many villages are a cycling paradise for all enthusiasts who love to discover the beautiful landscape in a peaceful environment. Cycling along small villages will be a true adventure! To overcome many hills without major efforts we offer the possibility to cycle around Brda with electrical bikes. Everything in Brda reflects the respect for the past, love for nature and the responsibility to its legacy.
- Difficulty: hard
- Surface: 80% asphalt, 20% macadam
Tips and hints
A trip through Brda is not complete without trying some of our delicious seasonal dishes and excellent products. Seize the opportunity and try some of our local wines, olive oil, honey and spirits!
Selected winemakers, olive oil, honey and spirits producers offer tastings of their products without prior arrangement, some of them also guided cellar tours. The producers will be more than happy to share with you interesting facts about the production and our territory.
The list of selected producers and restaurants is updated every two months and can be found here (October and November).
Recommended maps for this region:
- Suitable for mountain bike
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.