This is the official swim course of the beautiful AlpineMan Xtreme Triathlon, a long distance triathlon event in the heart of the Julian Alps, taking place for the first time in end of September 2017.
Distance 3.8 km
The 3.8 km swim section is held in the clear waters of the glacial lake Bohinj, starting in the small village Ukanc and traversing the entire length of the lake towards the finish at Stara Fužina. The bell tower of the succursal St. Paul’s Church, which stands at the edge of Stara Fužina serves as a great orientation point during the swim. Average water temperatures in September are around 15 °C, but lower temperatures of 13 °C are also possible. The unique shape of the lake enables spectators to follow the athletes from multiple small peninsulas.
33T 409961 5126240
EquipmentBecause of the long distance it is advisable to use a swim buoy or a swim companion. During the colder months a swim suit is recomended.
Basic Equipment for Canoeing
- Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Durable, hard-soled footwear that allows water to pass through (preferably with neoprene uppers) Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Buoyancy aid (PFD)
- Buoyant kit bag and dry bags
- Sun hat
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Mosquito spray
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Quick-drying towel
Technical Equipment for Canoeing
- 5 fathom long rope or chain in good condition and suitable for docking
- Measuring cup or sponge with a capacity of at least 1 liter
- Portable navigation light
- Knee pads
- Yoke (with pads)
- Emergency floating throw line (with bag)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view