From the hut al Botton d'Oro to Montemaggiore
Distance 16.2 km
From Sella Carnizza follow the trail to the southeast that leads to the chapel of St. Anna di Carnizza. From here you follow the road 739. Follow this road until Ric. Casera Nischiuarch hut and from here continue to Passo Tanamea. The trail 711 through woods and meadows leads on a grassy, rather exposed ridge, on which you walk up to Punta Montemaggiore (1,613 m), following trail 724. Finally, a mule track (trail 742) goes down to Montemaggiore, offering a truly spectacular view.
Update: September 07, 2021
ParkingBaita al Botton d'Oro
33T 371049 5132660
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view