This long, beautiful hike through the Radovljica countryside leads from the town of Radovljica to the largest Slovenian pilgrimage centre – Brezje.
Distance 16.7 km
We have chosen scenic trails, with plenty of beautiful views, which mainly lead through lesser-known villages, as well as along existing theme trails and pilgrimage routes. The route begins in Radovljica along the Lipnica Castle Natural Science Trail, which you follow to the Sava river and onwards to Kamna Gorica. Just before reaching the village, head left and upwards to the Ojstra peč vantage point. From there, the path leads to Zgornja and Srednja Dobrava, where there are beautiful views as far as the eye can see. From Srednja Dobrava continue to the village of Otoče, and from there via the Otoče-Brezje Pilgrimage Trail towards Brezje. You can also make a detour to see the picturesque village of Ljubno. Brezje with its Basilica of Mary Help of Christians and the cultural attractions alongside is the star attraction of this route. From Brezje, you return to Radovljica along the St. Jacob's Trail, which leads through Mošnje and past the Forest Nature Trail path back to Radovljica.
Update: June 03, 2021
Tips and hints
33T 436471 5132299
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view