- Your camera is a must if you plan to visit Bled Castle!
- There is an entrance fee to go into Bled Castle.
Rest StopVila Prešeren
- The footpath leading up to the castle is well maintained and safe, but one should be careful when treading on the cobbled path from the parking area leading to the entrance to the castle, as it tends to be slippery when wet.
- Leaning over the wall at the castle’s courtyard is strictly forbidden!
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si/
Bled Castle - Bled Culture Institute
Cesta svobode 11, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel.: +386 (0)4 5729 782
Web address: http://www.blejski-grad.si/
Getting thereYou can get to the starting point in Bled by car from Lesce (Ljubljana-Karavanke motorway exit) or from other regional roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
ParkingThere are several public pay carparks in Bled: http://www.bled.si/en/how-to-get-here .
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Light hiking shoes or sneakers are recommended.
- The use of sun protection is recommended on sunny days.
- In the warmer part of the year the use of tick repellent is recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.