Galetovec is an indistinct peak of the Pokljuka plateau but is a popular choice for a short or a longer trip, due to its several-hundred-metre high cliff, rather easy access from different directions, and magnificent vistas from the top. The vista opens up suddenly and one can see all the way to Jesenice in one direction and almost to Kranj in the other. On the right, there is a range of the Bohinj mountains, deep below you can see both Bohinjska Bela and Bled, and looking across there is the vertical cliff of Babji zob continuing to the forests of Jelovica. The breathtaking vista ends with the vast Karavanke range and the Kamnik mountains. Galetovec is also a popular choice in winter when locals organise a guided hike in February.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera!
- The Bled – Hiking Trails map will be of great help.
- At first the trail is marked with signposts for Bled hiking trails and is mostly a marked mountain path.
- The trail partially goes through the forest where you can occasionally stumble on fallen trees.
- The top is situated on a high cliff, so you are advised against walking near the edge.
- There are no huts on the way so you should bring along enough water and food with you.
- You are advised not to hike to the top if the path has icy stretches or is snowcapped.
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si/
Bohinjska Bela Tourist Association
Bohinjska Bela 37, SI - 4263 Bohinjska Bela
You can drive (4 km by car) or walk (1 hour from Bled town centre) to the starting point.
There are several pay carparks in Bled:
There is a small carpark at the Bohinjska Bela community centre (max parking time: 4 hrs). You can also park your car at Bohinjska Bela railway station.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Hiking shoes (even light ones), season-appropriate clothing and a backpack with elementary hiking props is recommended.
- Hiking poles are also recommended.
The use of sun protection is recommended on sunny days.
In the warmer part of the year the use of tick repellent is recommended.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints