This is an easy, short 3 km hike to the multi tier waterfall of Globoški potok is perfect if you are looking for a scenic track that is a bit more off the beaten path. It may not be as majestic as slap Boka, however it is certainly worth the effort none the less. Aside from the waterfall, this track provides great viewpoints of the sleepy mountain town of Žaga as well as the steep and deep Učja canyon. Učja canyon has a series of zip lines set up crossing back and forth, so this is a good place to go if you want the views but not necessarily the whole tour. This track starts in the town of Žaga, so it is recommended that you have your own vehicle to access the trailhead, however it is possible to reach Globoški potok buy following the Alpe Adria trail from the center of Bovec.
This track takes about one hour to complete out and back and is suitable for the whole family.
Rest stopsGostilna Pri mostu
Safety informationUse caution as you approach the falls, as the rocks tend to be slippery and, in the case of the upper section of the waterfalls, very steep.
Tips and hints
- To reach the upper waterfalls you must walk to the end of the clearing where the three stone buildings are located. Instead of descending on the trail to the left, walk to the end of the pasture, where you will find a very small trail leading back into the forrest. from here it is only a 5 minute walk to the upper sections of the falls.
- To have a bigger picture view of the waterfalls you can drive 500 meters past Pri Mostu pizzeria turning on road 401 leading to Udine. After the initial switch backs there is a 100 meter section of road with views across the canyon.
Address of Gostlina "Pri mostu'': Žaga 138, 5224 Srpenica
- From the center of Bovec drive 7.8km south to Gostlina "pri Mostu" just before the bridge spanning the Učja stream.
- From the center of Kobarid drive 14 km twords Bovec. Gostilina "pri Mostu" is approxmately 500 meters past the center of Žaga on your left hand side, immidately after crossing the Učja stream bridge
To get to Bovec you can come from the North or the South.
- From the North: Via Kranjska Gora through Vršič Pass or through the Italian town of Tarvisio through Predil pass.
- From the South: Follow road number 102 from Tolmin to Kobarid, turning on 203 from Kobarid to Bovec.
ParkingIf you are not planning on being a customer at Gostlina "pri Mostu" please do not park there. There is parking along side the road 100 meters past the Gostlina on the right hand side (direction Bovec).
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentThis is a standard trail, requiring no special equipment. Bring gear according to the weather and the season.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints