This is the second of six hikes in Triglav National Park that we completed in July 2021. Other routes are in my profile. This hike is stage two and starts at the bus station in Soča and ends at the bus stop at the entrance to the source of the Soča river. Stage one is named “Hike Kranjska Gora passing the Vršič pass on the Alpe Adria Trail", which you find amongst my routes.
Distance 14.3 km
We stayed at Hotel Lipa in Kranjska Gora. A very good hotel with very good dinners and breakfasts. The hotel is right next to the bus station. We took the bus to the bus station in Soča which is next to a nice church. The bus ride over the pass took over an hour and we took the opportunity to buy the day's first beer when we arrived. The destination for the day is the bus station at the source of the Soča river, where we finished the day before. The hike along the Soča River is incredibly beautiful with amazingly clear water. In some places, we leave the river, but no further than we constantly hear the movement of the water. A large part of the hike is quite simple, but there are parts that are more demanding. Among other things, some when we walk along a ridge, where it slopes steeply and goes up and down. In several places, we are surprised by beautiful scenes across the river. Some waterfalls and some suspension bridges, which we use to cross the river. It is not officially allowed to swim in the river, but we still see some who take a quick dip in the cold water. Bring something to eat, because we had a fairly long hike to Trenta, where we found a restaurant to eat and drink. As we approached the destination, we checked the bus timetable. If you have time, you can go to the hut by the source of the Soča river and buy something to eat and drink. In conclusion, we took the bus from there to Kranjska Gora. The bus runs in summer about every two hours. It takes about 20 minutes to walk to the bus stop. There is no bus stop sign, but it's is marked on the map. We waited on the grass surface right where the road turns. When the bus arrives, we just waved.
33T 397383 5132899
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view