The trail runs from the highest point of Brda, Korada (812 m) with a view of the western Julian Alps, the Friuli Plain, the Brda hills and the Adriatic Sea, to the most picturesque and popular medieval village in the Brda region, Šmartno.
Distance 10.8 km
During this stage there are many spots where you can enjoy beautiful views, sit on a bench or have a picnic.
Beautiful views that accompany you to the village of Šmartno.
Update: November 29, 2021
Rest StopSTAMP - Vrhovlje, 419 m
Safety informationThe route is safe and waymarked.
Tips and hintsAttractions along the trail: St Genderca Church, national geodesic network point of order 0, Italian artillery position at the shelter on Korada, World War I remnants, monument in Gonjače, the medieval village of Šmartno.
Getting thereThe route runs through Kolovrat to Korada. The final kilometre is unpaved road. Šmartno is accessible by car, and there is a car park before entering the village.
ParkingŠmartno – a free car park before entering the village; Korada – free parking below the mountain hut.
33T 388506 5102356
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking equipment suitable for the weather and season.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view