Rest StopSTAMP - Vodnikov razglednik, 1017 m
Safety informationThe entire section of the trail has phone reception and there are several rest places. The stage is long, so be cautious in time planning so you don't get caught by dark. The trail is more difficult to hike in some parts due to fallen trees.
Tips and hints
Hint by Triglav National Park: Brightly-coloured meadows of Bohinj
Favourable soil and climate conditions, grasslands that have been managed sustainably for centuries, careful consideration of natural cycles, and avoidance of heavy machinery are responsible for the creation and preservation of brightly-coloured wildflower meadows that are Bohinj’s loveliest adornment.
The meadows are at their most beautiful at the end of May when Bohinj hosts the International Wild Flower Festival. Although lush and adapted to the harsh alpine climate, wildflower carpets are not meant to be trampled on by robust hiking footwear. By staying on trails, you will show that you respect this fragile natural environment and the privacy of its inhabitants and landowners.
Ljubljana – Jesenice – exit Bled, to Pokljuka
Bled – Bohinjska Bistrica – Pokljuka
Car park in front of Sport Hotel in Goreljek.
Car parks in Stara Fužina and Ribčev Laz.
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes and season-appropriate clothing and hiking poles.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.