Nice, short outing on which you will:
- Visiz the church of St. John the Baptist,
- Visit the old bridge over Jezernica,
- Visit the lookout place peči, which offers the best view on Bohinj lake.
Distance 3.9 km
Nice short hike on the elevated lookout point from which we see the best panorama over Bohinj lake.
Choose a clear day with good visibility. The nice view on the lake is the primary goal of this hike.
Getting thereBy own car or by bus.
ParkingParking by the swimming area must be paid during the season (summer and autumn). In winter it's free. You can park also by the St. John church, but there are only a few places and parking duration is limited to 2 hours - just enough to do the tour and sightseeing.
33T 413981 5126036
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes are a nice to have, but the tour can also be done with sneakers.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view