Combined with breaks for gourmet enjoyment, this hike along popular trails can be a full-day outing. You will enjoy pleasant forest trails and stunning views of Bled, the Radovljica Plains and the Karavanke mountains from the lodge on Talež. Along the way you will cross the Sava river and both its tributaries – the Sava Dolinka and the Sava Bohinjka.
The route begins in Radovljica. From Linhart Square head down to the Sava river, which you cross, and on the other side – in the village of Lancovo – begin to head up towards Talež on forest trails, where a beautiful view awaits at the Hunters' Lodge. From the lodge, follow the same path to return for a short part of the way, then turn directly downhill towards the Sava Bohinjka river, which you cross beneath the village of Bodešče. Continue right and across the meadows. On reaching the Šobec camp, cross the Sava Dolinka river, walk through the camp and follow the Sava River Trail back to the bridge over the Sava river and up to Radovljica.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.