Ribenska gora provides shelter to the popular “Pod goro” sports and recreational area. A circular path leads from the old Oddih hotel near the Hotel Ribno around Ribenska gora, and we can ascend to the top ridge and on the top itself following a trail across the southern slopes or on a steep, forest-covered eastern ridge. Ribenska gora is 587 m high and offers incredible views on all sides. The Julian Alps with Mount Triglav, Castle Bled, the Karavanke mountain range and the Jelovica plateau above the Sava Bohinjka river are just a stone's throw away. There is not much room at the top, but there is a viewpoint secured with a fence. The paths leading to Ribenska gora are marked with the characteristic Bled signposts for hiking trails.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera!
- The map of hiking trails in Bled will be of great help.
Rest stopsBled cream cake
Cocktail bar À propos
- Be careful of steep parts of the trail and use safeguards and the fence on the top ridge. Despite the safeguards on the top ridge, the path is not meant for people with vertigo.
- The ascend to Ribenska gora is not recommended in the winter and when the trail is frozen.
- The path is marked with typical Bled signposts for hiking trails.
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si/
Getting thereYou can get to the starting point in Bled by car from Lesce (Ljubljana-Karavanke motorway exit) or from other regional roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
ParkingThere are several public pay carparks in Bled: http://www.bled.si/en/how-to-get-here.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Hiking shoes (even light ones) and season-appropriate clothing are recommended.
- The use of sun protection is recommended on sunny days.
- In the warmer part of the year the use of tick repellent is recommended.
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints