The advantage of the route is the border mountain Peč, where there is a tri-border between Slovenia, Austria and Italy.
Distance 4.5 km
We start this trail from the starting pillar at the Rateče bus station. The trail leads us past St. Duh church to the centre of the village. We turn right at Pri Žerjavu restaurant and continue the path through the village (north-east). After about 500 metres, we turn right to a narrow path and follow it to a non-asphalted cart road. Along the way, we can see the information board of the “Tromeja Tourist Trail”. After about 500 metres, we turn right and follow the signposts to the alpine lodge Tromeja (Three-border). There, we have 2 options to either climb to the top of the Three-border on the narrower and steeper, but shorter path, or carry on walking on the cart road. We return along the same way we came.
Suitable for well-conditioned and well-prepared hikers.
Update: November 22, 2020
Safety informationSuitable for families.
33T 401733 5149982
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWe recommend using good hiking boots.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view