Pleasant easy family hiking trail beneath the summits of the Loška Koritnica Valley.
Distance 3.8 km
A trail with numerous splendid views of the surrounding mountains above the village of Log pod Mangrtom. The configuration of the terrain makes this trail appropriate for practically everyone, even persons with slight disabilities. You will be able to admire the typical Alpine house architecture, the non-typical architecture of the village church and enjoy in the specific colour of the Gorejca Stream, whilst city children will be able to see farm animals for the first time on the surrounding meadows and at the Černuta Farm.
A recommended short trail for families. On hot days, you can refresh yourself in the Gorejca Stream.
Update: May 31, 2021
Safety informationCaution is advisable when walking along the main road because it is quite busy during the summer. A high degree of caution is also advised when crossing the main road next to the wastewater treatment plant.
Tips and hintsDrinks and refreshments are available at the pizza restaurant of the Hotel Alpine and at the Mangart Guesthouse.
Getting thereYou reach the village of Log pod Mangartom after a 10 km drive from Bovec along the national road No. 203 Bovec - Predel. The starting point is located in the upper part of the village. If you come from the other direction, descend from the former border crossing Predel and turn left to the parking lot next to the new bridge just after arriving to the village of Log pod Mangartom.
ParkingThere is a free parking lot available in front of the new bridge (from Bovec) in the upper part of Log pod Mangartom.
33T 392714 5140216
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentSports or trekking footwear, trekking poles.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view