A gentle ascent around the steep slopes of Mt. Bučenica above the Soča River to the splendid sightseeing point on the top. On the eastern side of Mt. Bučenica, you can take in the view of the lake, whilst on the western side, you can take in the view of the town of Tolmin and the mountain chain in the background stretching all the way to Mt. Krn and Mt. Kanin.
Distance 8.7 km
This tour starts at the Labrca Restaurant and continues along the Walk of Peace to an isolated farmhouse at the foothills of Mt. Bučenica. From here, you continue along a tractor trail which gradually narrows and turns into a footpath. Follow this gently ascending footpath along the ridges high above the Soča River all the way to the junction with the trail routed from the Most na Soči area. Turn up the hill, and when the footpath levels up, find a turn to the left leading to the sightseeing point overlooking the lake and the town of Most na Soči. Just a little bit further, you will be able to enjoy in magnificent panoramic views of the town of Tolmin and the mountain chain in the background that open to the opposite side. The descent will initially take you to the ridge between Mt. Bučenica and Mt. Mengore (Walk of Peace information boards) and further down to the farmhouse where your ascent started.
This tour can end quite pleasantly at the Labrca Restaurant.
Update: May 31, 2021
Safety informationCertain sections of the trail along the steep slopes above the Soča River are quite narrow and require special caution in wet weather.
Tips and hintsThis tour can end quite pleasantly at the Labrca Restaurant.
Getting thereTurn left to the Labrca Restaurant just after the bridge.
ParkingIt is most appropriate to park your car just behind the bridge.
33T 401125 5114937
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentUsual hiking equipment; we advise you to use mountaineering footwear instead of sports shoes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view