The trail is basiclly a slow descend towards Tržič, through many pastures and plains. Views give way to forests and pastures. This stage is fairly easy.
Tržič is an old city, that has grown along the important road connection. The old town centre of Tržič has been protected as a cultural and historical monument since 1985. The buildings with their medieval floor plan, with a workshop, storehouse, and connecting hallway on the ground floor, have preserved their classicist design in a row of facades since the 1811 fire.
There are a lot of things to see arund Tržič (like Dovžan Gorge, museums, etc.), but not a lot of places to stay, so make reservations in advance. The other option is to continue with the climb to hut at Kriška Gora (quite steep and will take about 2h).
Safety informationNo special safety issues on the trail.
Tips and hintsCheck for the events in Tržiž (especially Šuštarska nedelja- first sunday in September)
Getting thereBy bus or car to Tržič from the highway Ljubljana-Jesenice.
ParkingPayable parking available in Tržič.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentNormal hiking equipment.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.