The trail runs partially on asphalt roads and forest roads as well as along a mountaineering path. The ascent to Nemški Rovt is not difficult and appropriate for people of all generations.
Nemški Rovt is a clustered village with houses along the main village road in the direction east-west. The first people probably came from east Tyrol. The main part of the village features the Church of St Ahac, which was built in 1492. The church features the relief of the meeting between Joachim and Anna, or as the local people call her, St Hema. View the well-groomed pond with an info board at the edge of the village and continue along the meadows and through the forest to Ravne. One of the most beautiful views of the Triglav mountain range can be enjoyed from Ravne. The village is famous for four preserved granaries (Pavlova, Cjanova, Rožmanova and Pongrčeva kašča). Abandoned ski lifts are a pale reminder of the former popular Kobla ski centre. Walk downhill to Bohinjska Bistrica along a mountaineering path that runs to Črna prst.
Safety informationA part of the trail runs on the local road, so caution is necessary.
Tips and hints
Turizem Bohinj, Stara Fužina, tel.: +386 4 57 47 590
TIC Bohinj, Ribčev Laz, tel.: +386 4 574 60 10
TIC Bohinj, Bohinjska Bistrica, tel.: +386 4 574 76 00
TIC Bohinj, Stara Fužina, tel.: +386 4 572 33 26
TNP Bohinj Centre, Stara Fužina, tel.: +386 1 200 97 60
Julian Alps:Bohinj Card offers free transport and other benefits.
Wine and dine at Resje Inn in Nemški Rovt or at Bohinj ECO Hotel Restaurant, Tripič Pizzeria and Restaurant, Danica Inn, Štrudl Inn and Sunrose 7 - Heritage Boutique Hotel in Bohinjska Bistrica, where you can also try dishes with the Bohinjsko/From Bohinj certificate.
Drive by car to Bohinjska Bistrica from Bled, through Soteska or over Pokljuka. You can also access the village from Tolmin and Železniki over Soriška planina.
ParkingYou can park at the car park P13 Bohinjska Bistrica-Danica that is near the trailhead (coordinates: 46.273515, 13.948998) or P23 Bohinjska Bistrica-Kobla (coordinates: 46.268020, 13.958690)
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes and clothes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.