Via Dinarica Slovenia, the first section of the famous hiking trail that connects Dinaric mountains acros the Balcans, offers an exceptional travel experience. The path from Mt. Nanos to Babno polje, with its varied terrain, high peaks, pristine forests and picturesque meadows, is in itself a fulfilling hiking challenge. The real charm of this unique route is the many natural wonders and cultural attractions. So many extraordinary masterpieces of nature, biodiversity and the originality of the blind are not found anywhere else.
The mighty Dinaric Alps, which start in Slovenia in the northwest and end in Albania in the south, offer new hiking challenges. The world of the Western Balkans is diverse, completely unknown to many European travelers. The well-kept Via Dinarica hiking trail leads along interesting, relatively undiscovered mountain trails and connects the Western Balkans to a new European hiking destination. Numerous stages of the more than 1000 km long route are an inexhaustible source of opportunities for hiking pleasures. From Slovenia to Albania, or vice versa. Each section is a story in itself.
Tips and hints
Facts about Via Dinarica Slovenia
- 159 km, 7 stages from Nanos to Babno polje on the border with Croatia
- for experienced hikers, two more demanding ascents to 1313 m and 1796 m
- the possibility of visiting natural and cultural sights
- comfortable accommodation and excellent inns along the way
- A hiking package with accommodation, food, transport and a guide is available
- The best time for a hiking tour is from April to October