The tour starts in the town of Kobarid where you can visit the main sights of the town. From the town of Kobarid, cycle along the ascent to the village of Drežnica and continue past the village of Drežniške Ravne until you reach the end of the road where you arrive to a trough and a parking lot. Continue cycling along the demanding gravel road to the Zaprikraj Mountain pasture. During the summer months, when the mountain pasture is alive, you can refresh yourself with cheese and other dairy delicacies. You can complete your cycling ascent with the visit of the World War I outdoor museum located just a few hundred metres from the mountain pasture or with an ascent to the nearby Mt. Krasji vrh.
Return along the same trail. You can refresh yourself in the Jelkin Hram Restaurant in the village of Drežnica or at the Kranjc Tourist farm in the village of Koseč. During the summer months (from the second half of June to the end of August) there is a Hop On Hop Off shuttle bus with enough space for bicycles running from the town of Kobarid to the village of Drežniške Ravne which you can take in one or the other direction.
Rest StopGostišče s prenočišči Jelkin hram
Safety informationDuring the main tourist season, the road to the village of Drežniške Ravne becomes busier and we advise caution when meeting other vehicles.
Tips and hintsFrom the middle of June to the end of August, there is a Hop On Hop Off shuttle bus running from the town of Kobarid to the village of Drežniške Ravne and back.
You can refresh yourself in the Jelkin Hram Restaurant in the village of Drežnica or at the Kranjc Tourist farm in the village of Koseč.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSafety helmet, technically flawless bicycle, appropriate clothing, drinks.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.