The "Dreieckalm Tour: 11 kilometre trail dream" is the mountain bike tour of your choice if you want to
- are looking for an original mountain bike tour without asphalt.
- want to cycle in a scenic alpine region where you were previously only allowed to hike.
- are looking for a variety of easy-going gravel tracks and challenging single trails.
- are looking for an easy tour with a worthwhile destination in the form of the Dreickalm hut.
- want to take on a real riding challenge on the trail variant on the way back (CAUTION in wet conditions: the roots on the trail then make for a very wild ride). - There is an easy alternative route for the less experienced.
Rest stopsDreieckhütte (3)
Jakobskirche und Jakobihaus Soboth
Sobother Stausee- See Cafe
Sobother Stausee - Charly`s Hütte
Imbiss "Kärntner Blick" 1340 m
- Always drive at a controlled speed and at half visibility, especially on bends, as obstacles can be expected at any time (e.g. road damage, stones, branches, temporarily stored wood, grazing livestock, grazing grids, barriers, tractor-forestry machines, authorised persons' vehicles).
- Be considerate of other people, walkers and pedestrians. Only overtake at walking pace!
- Be aware of the difficulty of the route, accurately assess your experience and ability as a biker!
- Protect your head with a helmet and check your equipment (brakes, bell, lights) before every bike tour!Keep to barriers and please accept that some paths are primarily used for agricultural and forestry purposes!
- Be considerate of nature and wildlife, do not leave the marked route, refrain from riding off the open paths and finish your bike tour before dusk.
- Please do not leave any litter behind.
Attention: No liability! (*)
*) Mountain biking is a risky sport! The landowners, the Eibiswald cycling club, tourism association and municipalities accept no liability!
Some tours (see description) are "pure nature", the forest paths lead over roots, stones, streams, are partly washed out and are not maintained. Pushing and carrying passages are necessary depending on ability. We recommend private accident insurance or membership of the Alpine Club. Have fun!
Tips and hintsMap with all mountain bike tours available at the businesses and at the tourist office Schilcherland Eibiswald-Wies or can be ordered at Schilcherland.at!
Tip: the Styria Tours App, available free of charge on Google Play and in the App Store (Android, iOS) offers detailed first-hand information: short facts (length, duration, difficulty, ascent and descent in metres of altitude, ratings), map, route descriptions, altimeter, compass, summit finder, navigation along the tour. In addition, you can create your personal list of favourite tours and points, save tours and excursion destinations offline, play on social media channels and more.
Getting therePlan your journey via Google Maps to the starting point of the tour:
Directions from Graz / Vienna to Lieboch:
Take the motorway towards Graz (A2) to the Lieboch exit. Continue on the B76 towards Eibiswald and then on the B69 towards Soboth.
Directions from Carinthia:
Take the motorway in the direction of Klagenfurt (A2) to the Griffen exit. Continue in the direction of Lavamünd/Soboth
Directions from Leibnitz:
Drive via Arnfels, Oberhaag to Eibiswald and Soboth.
Directions from Slovenia/Eibiswald:
Drive over the Radlpass on the B76 towards Eibiswald, then continue on the B69 towards Soboth/Carinthia.
ParkingThere are sufficient parking spaces available at the Lindner Inn.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentCheck your bike after every tour for air pressure, spoke tension and brake pads.
A helmet is a must for every bike tour.
Think in advance about what equipment you need to take with you: warm clothing, rain and wind protection, a repair kit and first aid kit belong in your rucksack, as does a charged mobile phone.
- Mountain bike
- Gravel bike (only alternative downhill)
- 14 Waypoints
- 14 Waypoints