Camping Šobec is a perfect start point for mountain biking and the proposed track will lead you through some of the nicest trails and roads to reach the iconic Lake Bled, go around it and return along the Sava Bohinjka river just before it reached the Sava Dolinka river and they together form the majestic Sava river. Passing endless meadows, several bridges, over rivers and streams, this is a trip that will fill you with enough energy for your whole vacation.
The tour is intended for Camping Šobec guests, but also other tourists can manage it, just make sure to talk to the camping staff and have their permission to pass through the camping ground.
Tips and hintsIn July and August you may have to pay a daily entrance ticket (not always) for the camping, so the best time to take this route is before and after the main season. Of course, if sleeping at the campsite, you can make the tour in summer aswell!
Getting thereTo reach Camping Šobec, you have to leave the highway at Lesce and follow the signs for Bled. Soon, you will turn left and follow the road to Camping Šobec at the end of the road.
ParkingThere is a parking in front of Camping Šobec. There is parking fee in July and August, in other months it is free of charge. In July and August (if not sleeping at the campsite), you will also have to pay the daily ticket for the camping, so this route is best before and after the main season.
EquipmentMountain bike, Helmet, Sporty clothes, Water
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.