Safety informationThe descent toward the “Bodeški most” bridge concludes on the road where car traffic is possible. On Jelovica we may encounter a forest worksite, where we must be extra careful and follow the instructions of the foresters. The descent from Talež is steep, the surface is unstable. We descend carefully from Talež due to hikers. Attention should also be paid when connecting to the “Ribenski most” bridge - “Bodeški most” bridge unpaved road under the campsite.
Tips and hintsThe hunting lodge on Talež might be closed, we should therefore take a sufficient quantity of drinks and energy snacks with us for a longer ride.
TIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel.: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel.: +386 (0)4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si
Getting thereYou can get to the starting point in Bled by car from Lesce (Ljubljana-Karavanke motorway exit) or from other regional roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
There are several public pay carparks in Bled: http://www.bled.si/si/kako-do-nas/Parkirisca.
- technically flawless mountain bike
- cycling helmet, gloves and goggles
- drink and snack
- back-up inner tube, cycling multitool, basic first aid kit
- identity document (ID or health card), recommended phone with a navigation app and previously installed maps of the area, map of the area
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.