Tura vključuje vzpon na Vogel, razgledni hrib, po katerem se imenuje smučarski center, in spust na primorsko stran. Če je dan lep in vidljivost dobra, bomo videli morje.
Distance 11 km
Vogel is one of the peaks that make up the Bohinj – Tolmin mountain chain, which borders the entire southern horizon above Vogel ski resort. From the upper station ski to planina Zadnji Vogel, and from there ascend to the top of Vogel. From the ridge ski to the Primorska side, to planina Razor, from where you can descend to Tolminske Ravne. Here transportation must be arranged to the valley.
Vogel is a suitable tour to get a bird’s eye view of the region and to gain insight into the abundance of skiing opportunities offered by the Bohinj - Tolmin ridge.
Update: August 24, 2021
Safety informationThis tour is recommended only in stable snow conditions. After new snow, the risk of avalanches increases. In hard snow it is dangerous, as there is a high possibility to slip below the ridge. On the ridge you have to watch out for the ever-present cornices.
Tips and hintsIf the mountain hut on planina Razor is open, it is worth to stop for a drink and try the excellent štruklji.
If you want to return to Bohinj, it is most appropriate to organize transport to the railway station in Most na Soči and return to Bohinj by train.
Getting thereIn Bohinj and past the lake to the lower station of the Vogel cable car.
ParkingParking is on the lower station of the Vogel cable car.
33T 410661 5123994
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAvalanche trio (avalanche beacon, avalanche probe, shovel), touring skis, bindings, ski boots, skins, ski crampons; ice axe, crampons.
Basic Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski Helmet
- 2 pairs of Gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for going uphill, regular ski gloves for downhill
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Lightweight wind- and waterproof ski pants
- 20 to 28 liter rucksack, preferably backcountry type
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski touring boots
- Ski touring bindings to fit boots
- Ski touring skins to fit skis
- Ski poles, preferably telescopic type
- Avalanche safety equipment to consider: beacon, avalanche probe, avalanche shovel
- Ski touring crampons
- Crevasse rescue kit
- Ski touring harness
- Light ice axe
- Ski touring ropes
- Avalanche airbag backpack
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view