- Your camera is a must if you plan to visit Bled Castle!
- There is an entrance fee to go into Bled Castle.
Rest stopsVila Prešeren
- The footpath leading up to the castle is well maintained and safe, but one should be careful when treading on the cobbled path from the parking area leading to the entrance to the castle, as it tends to be slippery when wet.
- Leaning over the wall at the castle’s courtyard is strictly forbidden!
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si/
Bled Castle - Bled Culture Institute
Cesta svobode 11, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel.: +386 (0)4 5729 782
Web address: http://www.blejski-grad.si/
Getting thereYou can get to the starting point in Bled by car from Lesce (Ljubljana-Karavanke motorway exit) or from other regional roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
ParkingThere are several public pay carparks in Bled: http://www.bled.si/en/how-to-get-here .
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Light hiking shoes or sneakers are recommended.
- The use of sun protection is recommended on sunny days.
- In the warmer part of the year the use of tick repellent is recommended.
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints