Following the trails of Arnold Rikli - Sunny path to the Osojnica (685 m) and Ojstrica (611 m) hills
Turizem Bled Verified partner Explorers Choice
Mala OsojnicaPhoto: Jošt Gantar, Turizem Bled
- We recommend the use of the ARikli app to learn more at individual points and even do some exercises.
- Do not forget to bring the camera.
- A map of Bled/hiking trail will be of help.
- Be careful of steep parts of the trail. We overcome the steepest part of the path to Mala Osojnica on steep metal stairs, and wire ropes and wooden fences are installed on several spots. The access to Ojstrica is very short, but steep and rocky. The access to the top rock mass is secured with wire rope.
- The ascent to Mala Osojnica and Ojstrica is not recommended during the winter and when the trail is frozen.
- There are no refreshment services along the trail, we therefore recommend that you take water with you.
- The path is marked with typical Bled signposts for hiking trails.
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI-4260 Bled
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: +386 (0)4 5780 205
Websites: http://www.bled.si; http://www.tnp.si
TIC - Tourist Association Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI-4260 Bled
Phone: +386 4 5741 122
By the road on the south-western shore of the lake under the Home of Museologists, a trail branches off behind the bench and leading uphill into the forest. The trail with a few wooden stairs is visible from the road. The trail leads to a villa, passes by it on the southern side and turns into a wider path leading uphill, which immediately changes back to the trail above the buildings. The trail steeply ascends zig-zagging uphill through forest-covered slopes. In some parts, the path is secured with a fence with wire ropes. When we reach a rock barrier, we ascend on steep metal stairs to the edge of a smaller plateau. The path leads to the left toward the south along the edge of the plateau. We turn left at all the junctions and arrive at the viewpoint on top of Mala Osojnica. The viewpoint is secured with a metal fence and equipped with a bench, information board and signpost. We continue a few steps uphill and arrive to the second viewpoint above the settlement of Bohinjska Bela in a right arc along the edge of the plateau. The trail descends into a small valley and crosses it until reaching a pass between Mala and Velika Osojnica (signpost). From here, we follow a steep forest path and descend toward Zaka. Following the southern foot of the Ojstrica hill we turn left to a narrow, rocky and steep trail, which is secured with wire ropes in its steepest part, until we reach the top of Ojstrica. We descend following the same trail to a wide path and turn left toward the lake.
Public-transport-friendlyYou can get to Bled by bus or by train to the nearest railway stations of Bled Jezero or Lesce Bled. More information is available at: https://www.bled.si/en/information/how-to-get-to-bled/
The starting point of the hike is just a few hundred metres away from Velika Zaka, which is within 10 minutes walking distance from the Bled Jezero railway station. You may also get to Velika Zaka by taking the tourist train which rides around the lake.
Getting thereYou may get to the starting point by car in Bled from the direction of Lesce (exit from the Ljubljana – Karavanke motorway) or on local roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
ParkingSeveral payable parking areas are available in Bled: https://www.bled.si/en/information/getting-around-bled/20190920131938/parking-lots
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- We recommend hiking (or flat) shoes or footwear which is appropriate to the time of year and comfortable hiking clothes.
- Visiting in the winter is possible only in melting or deeper snow; however, only with winter hiking shoes; trekking poles are recommended. Hiking in low and frozen snow surface is not recommended.
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others