The Mala Osojnica hill with a viewpoint offers one of the most beautiful classic views of Bled with the Karavanks in the background. And with its view of the lake, Ojstrica above Velika Zaka became Bled’s first photographic icon.
Distance 2.3 km
Mala Osojnica ascends steeply above the south-western part of Lake Bled. It is part of the largest solitary hill in Bled – Osojnica. Mala Osojnica has a steep, demanding approach from the east, which is however rewarding at the hilltop with an extraordinary view of Lake Bled with the island, Bled Castle, and from where mounts Straža, Dobra gora, Kozarca and Obroč are also well visible. The view opens up on the plain toward Radovljica with the Karavanke mountain range and the Kamnik Alps in the background, and the mighty Jelovica plateau in the south. Mala Osojnica is actually the edge of a smaller plateau with several viewpoints, above which rises the top of Velika Osojnica toward the west, which is covered by forest and does not offer any panoramic views. Above the Zaka camping site, the lower and smaller Ojstrica hill, which is very attractive for visitors (particularly photographers) due to its position and short access, is attached to the Osojnica hill.
- We recommend the use of the ARikli app to learn more at individual points and even do some exercises.
- Do not forget to bring the camera.
- A map of Bled/hiking trail will be of help.
- Be careful of steep parts of the trail. We overcome the steepest part of the path to Mala Osojnica on steep metal stairs, and wire ropes and wooden fences are installed on several spots. The access to Ojstrica is very short, but steep and rocky. The access to the top rock mass is secured with wire rope.
- The ascent to Mala Osojnica and Ojstrica is not recommended during the winter and when the trail is frozen.
- There are no refreshment services along the trail, we therefore recommend that you take water with you.
- The path is marked with typical Bled signposts for hiking trails.
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI-4260 Bled
Phone: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Tourist Association Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI-4260 Bled
Phone: +386 4 5741 122
Getting thereYou may get to the starting point by car in Bled from the direction of Lesce (exit from the Ljubljana – Karavanke motorway) or on local roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
ParkingSeveral payable parking areas are available in Bled: https://www.bled.si/en/information/getting-around-bled/20190920131938/parking-lots
33T 429637 5134325
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- We recommend hiking (or flat) shoes or footwear which is appropriate to the time of year and comfortable hiking clothes.
- Visiting in the winter is possible only in melting or deeper snow; however, only with winter hiking shoes; trekking poles are recommended. Hiking in low and frozen snow surface is not recommended.
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view